Total Pageviews

Friday, November 11, 2011

THE STEWARD


         
THE STEWARD

What will I do with my borrowed time?
When the exuberance of youth vanishes
And the skin deep beauty turns to ashes
When ideas are lost and words don’t rhyme.

What will I do with my borrowed treasures?
When my gold and gems lose their luster
And collected fashions I can no longer wear
When I lose my form and bodily structures.

What will I do with my borrowed talents?
When the stage stops its praise and adulation
And the limelight is gone and denies adoration
When songs are taken away by life’s torrents.


The poem is a poetic commentary to the gospel this 33rd Sunday on the parable of the talents.  What talents and treasures do I have?  What will I do with them?  How much time have I got?  How do I spend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment